As a charity run completely by volunteers and based in an old building, we regularly have various DIY tasks that need completing so we can keep the museum running smoothly, and for new projects at the museum.
This includes things like:-
- General DIY
- Building furniture
- Wall fixings (eg shelves, TV/screen mounts, etc)
- Electrics (light switches, installing LED lights, sockets, etc)
- Painting & decorating
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Your own tools is incredibly beneficial (we have tools, but not an extensive amount)
- Common sense
- DIY experience
- Electrician experience / qualifications
What is in it for you
- A "feel good feeling" for helping a charity and volunteer run organisation
- Free t-shirt
- 20% discounts on birthday parties and private hire
- 20% discount in gift shop
- Monthly volunteer meets / socials in the pub and a chit chat with like minded people!
- Your DBS check fee refunded to you after your first 2 completed projects
How to apply
Please download one of the below application forms and then email it back to us.
Please excuse the formality; we just need to know what experience you have, how you can help, etc. The application forms also explain what we require etc. Thank you in advance!!
Email completed application forms
Once you've completed your application form please email it our volunteer manager, Nathan:-
Volunteer contract / DBS check
If you are approved as a volunteer (once you've applied above) you will need to:-
Complete a DBS check. You can do this online and it costs £18.
This will be refunded to you after your first 2 completed projects
- Sign a volunteer contract.
Download this here
No potential volunteers are officially enrolled as volunteers until their application is approved, their DBS is complete, and their contract is signed.