As a charity we have very limited funds, and we need visitors coming to the museum so it's important we have some great people helping us do marketing to get visitors to the museum.
We need a marketing assistant to help our marketing manager Heather.
What you'll be doing
- Keeping our marketing plan up to date
- Social posts
- Press releases
- Reaching out to influencers, YouTubers and bloggers
- Helping come up with ideas on how to promote the museum
- Be able to come up with ideas and use your initiative, rather than always having to follow direction
- Event management
- Liaising with our graphic design volunteer to get new leaflets and artwork published
- ... and much more!
- Marketing qualifications and/or a current university student studying something marketing related
- Experience in a full time professional role in marketing
- Graphic design software (eg Adobe suite)
Who this role would suit
This role would be ideal for a university student, or someone at the start of their career who wants to gain real world experience and build their portfolio.
That doesn't mean we're limiting it to university students; if you're an experienced marketer you're more than welcome to apply to.
What is in it for you
- A "feel good feeling" for helping a charity and volunteer run organisation
- For those who are Uni students or at the start of their career...
- Feedback, support, tips and inspiration from our experienced marketing manager
- A professional reference
- Work experience to put on your CV
- Free t-shirt
- 20% discounts on birthday parties and private hire
- 20% discount in gift shop
- Monthly volunteer meets / socials in the pub and a chit chat with like minded people!
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number
- Details and examples of your experience
- How many hours a month you'll be able to volunteer